© 2015 by First Presbyterian Church of Hays

The Third Building Project

The original 8 founding members of the Church of the Pioneers grew rapidly and in 1916 the membership had grown to 275. The Reverend Gerrit Snyder, came in 1916 and began developing a plan for a new church building to provide space for a growing program. On the same plot of land, construction of the first part began in 1922. The corner stone was laid on November, 1922. A small tower and an east wing had been added to the old stone church between 1911 and 1913.